Preparing a home to sell can be a time-consuming and sometimes overwhelming process, but with some planning and effort, you can help ensure that your home is presented in the best possible light and fetches top dollar in today’s Winnipeg real estate market. Here is a general spring to-do list for getting a home ready to sell for top dollar:
- Declutter and deep clean: Clear out any excess clutter, remove personal items, and give the house a thorough deep cleaning to make it look its best.
- Make any necessary repairs: Address any outstanding maintenance issues, such as leaky faucets, peeling paint, or damaged flooring.
- Stage the home: Consider hiring a professional stager to help arrange furniture and decor in a way that showcases the home’s best features and makes it look more attractive to potential buyers.
- Boost curb appeal: First impressions matter, so make sure the exterior of the home looks inviting and well-maintained. Consider adding some fresh landscaping, repainting the front door, or replacing old house numbers or mailbox with a new decorative one.
- Get professional photos: Hire a professional photographer to take high-quality photos that show off the home in its best light. Good photos can be a critical factor in attracting potential buyers.
- Price the home appropriately: Work with a real estate agent to set a price that is competitive but reflects the home’s value. A CB professional real estate agent can provide insight into current market conditions and comparable sales in the area.
- Be flexible for showings: Be prepared to accommodate potential buyers’ schedules and make the home available for showings. This may mean keeping the home clean and tidy at all times and being ready to vacate the premises on short notice.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your home is presented in the best possible light and is more likely to fetch top dollar in our current real estate market.
As always “Have a great day!”